Through our Partner with Pride Program, supportive businesses can offer discounts to card carrying members of Pride SWFL. Those members must show their card at your place of business to obtain whatever membership benefits you wish to extend. Once your completed application has been approved, your logo and the membership benefits you are offering will be posted on our Pride SWFL webpage, Facebook page, and our Twitter and Instagram accounts. Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you. You can also download the Partner with Pride application by right clicking the link below.
Partners with Pride is a incentive program that is offered from Pride-SWFL, Inc.. Pride-SWFL, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not for profit charity that provides SWFL with a positive image of LGBTQA. Pride-SWFL also creates functions and events throughout the year promoting educational, civic and cultural activities that further this goal and enrich the lives of our members and the entire Southwest Florida community.
In order to be a Partners with Pride vendor, you business would need to be a member of Pride-SWFL. (Membership is $25.00 for the calendar year.) You would need to offer ONE discount/incentive to the Pride-SWFL members. The discount/incentive would need to be something that is not offered to everyday customers. All Pride-SWFL members have a membership card that they would need to present in order to get the discount.
As a Partners with Pride vendor, your business would be listed (with logo) on the Pride-SWFL website along with the discount/incentive.
Becoming a Partners with Pride vendor is a powerful way to connect with the area’s LGBTQA consumers, a very lucrative market according to a recent study shows the LGBTQA population in the United States is roughly 18 million people and their buying power is more than $875 billion. The Gay and Lesbian community is a market segment, with more discretionary income than that of other consumer groups, including Latin Americans and Asian Americans, as reported by the online media company PlanetOut Inc.
According to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), more than 300,000 individuals consulted the HRC’s Buying for Equality guide and mobile app to ensure that their money was spent at fair-minded businesses.*
- 74% of LGBT adults are likely to consider brands that support nonprofits or causes that are important to them as an LGBT person.*
- 87% of LGBT adults are likely to consider a brand that is known to provide equal workplace benefits for all employees.*
- 71% of LGBT adults are likely to remain loyal to a brand they believe to be supportive of the LGBT community, even when less friendly companies may offer lower prices or be more convenient.*
- More than 70% of gay and lesbian consumers reported that they have switched products and or service providers because they learned that the company supported the LGBT community or had LGBT friendly policies.*
- 47% of LGBT adults are likely to consider purchasing from a company that has advertisements tailored to an LGBT audience.*
* Research of Witeck Communications / Harris Interactive Studies conducted in 2010 & 2011, http://www.hrc.org/press-releases/entry/human-rights-campaign-gives-consumers-information-to-buy-for-workplace